Friday, January 29, 2010

Project 3 hundred 34. . .

Many choices I could have made today.
Some I should have made better.
Maybe on another day I will.
But for now...
Oh well!!
I could have and (maybe should have) stayed home and cleaned up the disaster that hit
our home.
I could choose to sit for 5 hours at a wrestling match.
But not just any match.
It was the tournament at Sugar and Juan and good teammates were wrestling.
I choose wrestling.
I "wrestled" with the choice.
But,
From past experiences I know that my children choose their own paths eventually and I am left on the outside as they continue on with their lives and that is how it should be.
Today
I chose to experience success and the flip side with my son.
Now, while I could.
It was worth it.
He may make it to 3rd place.
That would be awesome and
I chose to be with him in the beginning.
Homemaking chores will always be there.
But...
When I got home
they weren't!...
Marc, my neat and organized child,
cleaned up my mess.
He did the dishes,
He baked the cookies I had made and left in the frig,
He put away the folded laundry (I did get it folded),
He straightened everything up.
And the house looked like, well...,
like people could inhabit the place.

I could have cried.

Thank you Marc. I love you.

No comments: