Saturday, October 3, 2009

Conference

I love conference!! The day always seem so peaceful and there is a special spirit hovering over the day today. Things feel different.

Conference has many different memories. I remember being chosen to attend conference with Mom and Dad 2 different times. Only two of us got to go whenever they went. Listening or viewing conference when I was a girl didn't happen. My first year at Ricks I was able to sing with Rick College choirs one time and that was a neat experience. Other times I stood in line to attend in the tabernacle. Even though it was crowded and the benches hard and sometimes I sat behind a pillar, I was always in awe that I was even there listening to a Prophet in person.

After we were married we purchased every conference on tape and listened to them til the next one came out. We have seldom been fortunate enough to view conference on TV so gathering as a family to listen to the radio was the routine at our house. One time we attended in the conference center and that was awesome. Even while listening (and napping), feeling the spirit and the sacredness of the occasion was always present.

This weekend Shawn is in Washington and I miss him being here to preside over our conference activities. We are grateful for his work but he is missed. So tomorrow we will gather once again to be spiritually fed. Like Brigham--I am stoked!

No comments: