Sunday, October 4, 2009

Blessings!!






How can a heart be big enough to include so much? Sarah doesn't have access to a computer so I thought I would include these blessings here. These are only 2 of my many blessings. Leona is a definite Mommy's girl. She is so precious and darling and Garrett is a charmer. Earl and Sarah are doing a good job with them.

My heart was full to over flowing today. In one of the conference talks it talked about not having any "empty chairs". As I think about each of my blessings I pray for no empty chairs. I am grateful for a husband who after ???%$#^^ years together still loves me, I am grateful for 11 children who after at least 18 years under by tutelage still love me. (I am very much aware of the deficiencies in my parenting...), I am grateful for two wonderful son-in-laws who take of my daughter-mothers. I am grateful for my mother and sisters and Shawn's mother and sisters and for Shawn's Thomas mother and sisters. I am grateful for extended families and the connection we have with them and for their generosity and love for our family. I am grateful for extra-extended families and how connected we are with them. They fill in spaces that we didn't even know were there. Thank you. Yes my heart is full. I know with time some chairs will be empty--some already are but I do KNOW that we can be together forever and they can be filled again and that is what I pray for. (Sorry this was so sappy. When you get to be my age, I think I have the right...)

1 comment:

Krista said...

I showed these pictures to Sam and of the first one of Garrett he said... "Wow!!! He is an actual PERSON! LIKE a REAL person!" :)
He is so big. And baby girl is getting big too!