Monday, May 4, 2009

What matters most

I have been following Krista and her wonderful insight to mommy-parenthood. I'm not blind. I know that there are tuff times but looking back you really only remember the good times and memories. So it is important to make lots of them. This last little while is memory time.

To get Emily's e-mails from Philippines EVERY Monday and to see her progress is wonderful. To have been with Krista and her family in the Vernal temple will be a long-time memory; there with Joseph, Spencer and Brigham made an almost complete picture.

We've made and watched memories made with Brigham's friends and rejoiced with each one as they have headed to the future. We have (almost) cried when Brigham took off to the wild-blue Tulsa area with Spencer.

We wait with anticipation as Earl and Sarah await the arrival of "baby Lona". We rejoice in good grades and won (and lost) games, we ooh and aah at pretty dresses and handsome men going off to dances.

All this in just the last little while!!

What happened to MY babies??? Oh, that I could go back and play in puddles, make snow angels, play fox and geese, giggle into the night, have midnight ice cream or hot chocolate. I admit, I missed some special times but I also have great memories of big steps my kids have made in struggles, choices, and triumphs. I am glad to have been a part of the successes.

Yes, life is good and, it only gets better! Most of the time!!

No comments: