Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stepping forward

The house is quiet!! The kids are all almost in bed. All but one. Gea is purposefully staying up all night at her Senior lockin. She will be home at about 5:30 in the morning. We witnessed Gea move the tassel from one side of the mortar board (cap) to the other signifying commencement and stepping forward into the adult world.

Graduation is an important thing and I really can remember vividly specific things about the graduation of each of my children. Gea joins the ranks as # 7 and has big shoes to fill as she looks to the examples of wonderful brothers and sisters!!

Graduation was held at the high school and even though parking was tight, I thought it was much more personal to have it there rather than in the traditional Hart Auditorium at BYU-I. Aunt Kelly, Grandma C and Ashley and Lindsey came up and Joni Jackson and Lisa, Evelin and Jesse surprised us with a visit. I have to admit that this graduation hits me in the heart and if I'm not careful I get somewhat emotional. She graduated with a good class--8 valedictorians!! and 55 of 88 who earned the honors diploma. That's big! and quite a few hispanics as well. You don't usually see them graduate.

Gea will never understand how she has influenced our lives and family. She is a sweetheart and exemplifies our Savior very well. She has big plans and we plan that she stays strong.

No comments: