Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May is a significant month for me (us) and more things were added. Today Shawn and I celebrated 31 years of marriage and I can't imagine life without him. When we were first married and had our struggles as we tried to mesh our lives, some good friends of our told us that 10 years was the magic time and we needed to aim for 10 years together. Well, we passed that and now 11 kids, 2 son-in-laws, 5 grand children and a whole bucketload of good memories and experiences later we look forward to even more great things. Shawn is a good man and takes good care of us. I don't know of anyone who works harder and teaches values than he does. (But then I might be prejudiced...)

Gea graduates this month, number 7 to graduate; Leona NaThel made her appearance on May 5 one day before her mother and dad's anniversary even though they celebrate a week later that marks the day they were sealed in the temple. Emily called all the way from the Philippines on Mother's day--the 11th. She has been in the mission field for 6 months!! Oh I love technology! It was so good to hear her voice and feel he joy! Jesse, Krista's second son, turns 3 May 21. It seems like just yesterday they brought him home to meet us all!!

Life is so good. I am so grateful for good friends and a wonderful family! And a good place to live and good places that I have lived.

No comments: